Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Journey Begins

So here I am, 43 years of age, and I am deciding to take up Judo.  Call it a mid-life crisis if you must, but I continue to argue that it is for the sake of some father/daughter bonding.  So, my daughter and I headed down to Roseberry's Sho-Rei-Shobu Kan martial arts center to take the journey together.

We started on October 2nd and were a bit confused, lost and embarrassed.  What language are they speaking...uh...maybe I am not smart enough to do this.  Several weeks later I realized it must be Japanese.  Okay, of course I am not quite that dumb, but I certainly felt like it. 

I can now say that four weeks later, my daughter and I have learned a lot.  But more importantly, we are bonding!  This blog thus begins our journey.  There is no telling if either of us will ever get a black belt, but that is not the important thing.  The important thing is that we are on a journey together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment