Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two's Company...Three's a Joy!

Today was a very special day.  My youngest daughter joined me and my oldest daughter at Judo.  The Dojo was filled with kids!  We did lots of excercises today, probably due to how many children were there.  We did more practice on Kesa Gatame as well as Mune Gatame

I also learned how to escape the Kesa Gatame, but it doesn't work as well with the Mune Gatame.  The goal is to get your hips under the other persons body.  To do this, thrust your hips in the air to throw them forward, immediately get your hips under them, and then roll. 

Several of the teenagers and children also tested for their yellow belts today. It is exciting to see them growing and maturing in the art.  Congratulations to them! 

After a good workout, we decided to get a healthy meal.  So, we went to Fox's to get two tacos for $1.  Mmmmm! 

So today was quite fun.  They say that two is company and three is a crowd, but I don't think they ever applied that to a father and two of his daughters.  I have found quite the contrary.  Two is company...three is a joy!

1 comment:

  1. It's great when martial arts becomes a family activity. Both my husband and eldest son have been on the karate journey with me. I'm looking forward to sharing in your journey.

    ReplyDelete